Careers at Roadtex
Roadtex is a Nationwide Leader in Temperature-Controlled LTL and Warehouse Services. With 32 terminals across the country, Roadtex leads the market in temperature-controlled LTL day and time-definite service. Our network and technology simplify shipping into mass merchants, providing peace of mind to ensure shipments arrive on time, intact, and damage free.
Roadtex was recently acquired by Echo Global Logistics, a Fortune 1000 provider of technology-enabled transportation management services, headquartered in Chicago, IL. As a third-party logistics provider, Echo simplifies transportation management for our clients and carriers.
To apply, please send your resume to RoadtexTalent@echo.com
Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Job Summary: As a Customer Service Representative (CSR) at Roadtex, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring exceptional customer satisfaction and maintaining strong relationships with clients. You will be the primary point of contact for our customers, addressing their inquiries, resolving issues, and coordinating with various departments to ensure smooth and efficient logistics operations. Your excellent communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and customer-centric approach will be critical in meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations.
This is a hybrid role in Somerset, NJ
- Customer Support: Provide timely and professional assistance to customers via phone, email, or other communication channels. Handle inquiries related to shipment status, tracking, delivery schedules, and any other logistics-related concerns.
- Issue Resolution: Proactively address customer complaints, concerns, and issues. Investigate problems related to deliveries, damaged goods, order discrepancies, and take appropriate corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Order Processing: Collaborate with the Operations team to process and coordinate incoming orders, ensuring accurate and efficient order fulfillment. Update customers on order status and any potential delays.
- Shipment Coordination: Work closely with the Warehouse and Transportation teams to ensure smooth logistics operations. Coordinate freight movements, track shipments, and communicate any changes or disruptions to customers.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with clients by understanding their specific needs and requirements. Be responsive to their inquiries, anticipate their needs, and strive to exceed their expectations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in customer service, preferably within the logistics or transportation industry.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer-centric approach and a commitment to delivering top-notch service to clients.
Job Summary: A dock worker plays a crucial role in the transportation and logistics industry. They are responsible for loading, unloading, and sorting freight and packages within a warehouse or distribution center. Dock workers ensure that shipments are properly organized, prepared, and moved to their designated locations, both for outgoing and incoming goods.
Schedule: Sunday to Thursday: 4pm-12am
Location: Medway, MA
- Loading and Unloading: Efficiently and safely load and unload cargo from trucks and trailers, using appropriate equipment like forklifts, pallet jacks, or hand trucks.
- Sorting and Organizing: Sort and organize packages and freight based on their destination or delivery route to ensure efficient distribution.
- Check-in and Inspection: Inspect incoming shipments to verify their condition, quantity, and accuracy against shipping documents.
- Documentation: Complete necessary paperwork, such as receiving and shipping reports, to record and track inventory movements accurately.
- Safe Handling: Handle packages and freight with care to avoid damage, ensuring they are properly secured during transport.
- Equipment Operation: Operate warehouse equipment, such as forklifts or conveyor belts, adhering to safety guidelines and company procedures.
- Communication: Work collaboratively with other team members, truck drivers, and supervisors to ensure smooth operations and effective coordination.
- Inventory Control: Assist in inventory management by conducting periodic stock counts and reconciling discrepancies.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Physical fitness and ability to lift heavy packages.
- Prior experience in a warehouse or dock worker role is an advantage but not always mandatory.
- Familiarity with warehouse equipment and machinery, such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in handling shipments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
Accounts Receivable (A/R) Associate
Position Overview: The Accounts Receivable (A/R) Associate plays a crucial role in the financial operations of Roadtex by ensuring accurate and timely invoicing, collection, and reconciliation of customer payments. The A/R Associate will work closely with internal teams and external clients to manage and maintain the accounts receivable process efficiently.
Schedule: 8-5 Mon – Friday in office
Location: Somerset, NJ
- Prepares, posts, processes, and records customer check/credit card/ and wire payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the status of customer accounts as requested.
- Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the AR team members.
- Collaborates with the team members to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent (Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred).
- Prior experience in accounts receivable, billing, or collections within a logistics or 3PL environment is a plus.
Roadtex is seeking an entry-level Billing Associate to assist with freight billing and customer invoicing through document reviewing and data entry. Roadtex prides themselves on promoting within for high-performing employees. Work from home position.
- Verify customer invoicing through document review, ensuring invoice accuracy, and identifying any discrepancies
- Freight bill auditing
- Escalate freight billing discrepancies as needed
- Data Entry
- Preparing freight bills
- Strong typing skills (40 WPM)
- Industry experience in Trucking, Supply Chain, or logistics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to make sound judgment calls while identifying a discrepancy/ resolving issues
- Ability to develop professional relationships (internal and external customers)
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Products (Intermediate Skill)
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Entry level, 1-2 years of experience
- Experience in transportation billing
Schedule and Location:
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home position
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, and 401K
- Internal Promotions and Movement
- Flexible work schedule
- Work from home equipment if needed
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the workday. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.