CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS’ NOTICE
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) affords certain privacy rights to residents of the state regarding the use of their Personal Information. The law extends its protections to California Residents. “California Resident” means an individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose, or an individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State for a temporary or transitory purpose (“Covered Individuals”). This Notice also provides Covered Individuals with information about their rights under California law.
Roadtex considers “Personal Information” as any information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular user or device (“Personal Information”). This California Residents’ Notice (“Privacy Notice” or “Notice”) describes what Personal Information we collect in connection with you or your employer’s business relationship with Roadtex, we may collect, receive, maintain, and use the following types of Personal Information for the business purposes set out herein:
- Identifiers, such as name, birth date, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, driver’s license or state identification card number, username and password for Roadtex accounts and systems. We may supplement the information you provide to us with data we obtain or receive from third parties, such as our affiliates, marketing firms, data vendors, or address verification services. For example, if you change your email address and fail to advise us, we may verify your email address through a third-party address verification company. We may combine information we collect online with information we collect offline.
- California Customer Records Personal Information, which includes a name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as browsing history, search history, information on your interaction with our site or advertisements.
- Protected Classifications under California or federal law, such as age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, reproductive health decision-making, military and veteran status, or genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Sensory Data, such as audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.
- Video and Biometric Information, such as video or pictures of you taken while on site at an Roadtex office.
- Geolocation Data, such as GPS location (latitude & longitude) transmitted from computers, electronic devices, vehicles, or cell phones.
- Professional or employment-related information, for example, if you provide any company information on our “Contact” page.
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information, for example, information about your purchase preferences.
We collect, receive, maintain, and use your Personal Information both directly from you (for example, from forms you complete) and indirectly from you (for example from your employer, as necessary to carry out the duties of your employment in connection with your employer’s relationship with Roadtex) for the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry or for other logistics and scheduling purposes.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To comply with the contract that dictates the relationship between Roadtex and you or your employer.
- Disclosures made in an effort to prevent or halt violations of Roadtex policies, illegal activities, or as required by law.
- Disclosures that we reasonably believe are necessary to defend against or prevent us from incurring liability to third parties.
- To detect and record security and safety incidents.
We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party (a Service Provider) in connection with one or more of the above business purposes; to another company as part of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets to that company; or where required by Roadtex policy, law, or in response to valid legal process compelling disclosure. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. These third parties are “Service Providers” and/or “Contractors” as defined by applicable law.
Roadtex will retain your Personal Information for as long as required to provide the services or complete the transactions for which your Personal Information was collected. Roadtex will also retain data for as long as legally required or allowed to do so for compliance obligations, dispute resolutions, and by the schedule in the Roadtex Record Retention Policy.
Under California laws, California Residents have the following rights (“Rights”) listed below. Your Right to Access and Right to Deletion are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of Personal Information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the Personal Information of yours or others, your account with us, or the security of the business’s systems of networks. There are also exceptions to deletion requests if the information is necessary to complete a transaction, for internal uses aligned with expectations, compliance, and legal obligations, or for other internal purposes in a lawful manner compatible with the context in which the consumer provided it.
- Right to Know. You may request us to provide you the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have about you, categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, categories of Personal Information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose about you, categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information. Please note that much of the information for which you can make a request is already contained in this Policy. Should you wish to exercise this right, please contact us via one of the methods noted below under “Exercising California Privacy Rights.” If you do not have an account with us, we may ask for some Personal Information in order to verify your identity and your rights to the data subject to your request.
- Right to Delete. California law gives residents a limited right to request deletion of their Personal Information. However, this right is limited by a number of exceptions. Fundamentally, if we have a permissible need to retain Personal Information, we are not under an obligation to delete such information, even when requested. Generally, we retain Personal Information so we may complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide information or a service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between us and you; detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity; debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our online properties; enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us; comply with a legal obligation; or otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which your provided the information. As such, we generally do not accept requests to delete Personal Information. However, we will respond to requests to remove Personal Information from some of our systems as a part of a request to close or otherwise disable an account. If you would like to request deletion of Personal Information, please contact us via one of the methods noted below under “Exercising California Privacy Rights.” If you do not have an account with us, we may ask for some Personal Information in order to verify your identity and your rights to the data subject to your request.
- Right to Correct. If Roadtex maintains any inaccurate Personal Information about you, you have the right to request the correction of that inaccurate Personal Information.
- Right to Opt-Out. We do not sell your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties. However, you have the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your Personal Information by Roadtex.
- Designating an Authorized Agent. California law permits California Residents to designate an agent to manage their rights under California law. If you would like to designate an agent to manage your privacy preferences, you may do so using the mechanisms noted below under “Exercising California Privacy Rights.” Note that if you do not have an account with us, we may ask for some Personal Information in order to verify your identity and your rights to the data subject to your request. We will also need sufficient Personal Information about your authorized agent to be able to identify them. As part of this process, you must have permission from your authorized agent to disclose their Personal Information to us for the purpose of acting as your agent.
- Non-discrimination. California law does not permit us to discriminate against you because you exercised any your rights under this title, including, but not limited to, by: denying you access to goods or services; charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; providing a different level or quality of goods or services; or suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising California Privacy Rights. If you are a California Resident and would like to exercise any of your rights, you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org as described below, or via toll-free number at (888) 796-4446. Please be aware that we will need to have sufficient information to be able to verify your identity and the rights you have in the data related to your request.
We reserve the right to amend this notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, the updated notice will be made available to you at the following link https://roadtex.com/privacy-notice. California Residents may exercise any of your rights, you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com as described below, or via toll-free number at (888) 796-4446. Please be aware that we will need to have sufficient information to be able to verify your identity and the rights you have in the data related to your request.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR REQUESTS
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Roadtex collects and uses your information, or if you want to exercise any of your rights, you may do so, by contacting your employer, or the Roadtex Legal Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via toll-free number at (888) 796-4446. Please be aware that we will need to have sufficient information to be able to verify your identity and the rights you have in the data related to your request.
Last Reviewed on: January 1, 2024